

The three places I went to for my street project were The City (thanks to Robert Frank and the previous post) - Brighton Pier (thanks to Bert Hardy) and a light following walk along the Thames (with a little nod to Trent Park)For the London locations I walked about 16 miles trying to find suitable places so I could go back and make the most of the day. I stood for a couple of hours at each location, but was a little disappointed that nothing very exciting happened. The best moment I missed... as I was turning the corner to my spot in the city I was nearly run over by an old man in a mobility scooter covered in Australian themed furry toys. I followed him for a bit, but the moment was lost.
For the trip to Brighton I was pretty sure I wanted to just use the pier, but I had a little look around before and tried some other places throughout the day while I was waiting for the light to change. I was really lucky with the weather at some times it was even a bit too bright, but it meant that there were enough people out and about for the day who were all in a pretty good mood.
2 comments:
Glad to see you're pulling it all together. Looks like you're really thinking and looking and stuff. Watching old episodes of The Sweeney for reseaching street photography is priceless and my hat goes off to you for that one! I really like the bottom of the three of these. When I look at people in the street from certain angles at certain times they suddenly start dancing. It's magical.
most of the sweeny was shot near around where I live and grew up, I can't remember but my boyfriend can remember them shooting it in on latimer rd ! I was watching the Saint the other day which not shot as well but still interesting to see London even earlier
Post a Comment