Saturday, 4 October 2008

medlar street, se5

despite the enormous chance that he will never see it, i like the fact that the people in this house still felt they had to say it. maybe there is something to learn from this.

last night i took a walk along the southbank to take a look at the 3rd october's much hyped (in our photojournalism world) news story* in as much as any images of very sick people who's condition has been exacerbated by poverty, these stories need to be told - but this could have been any one of them. i was disappointed, i felt that with all the publicity this was a wasted opportunity to do something amazing. but maybe i am just a bad person .
*i haven't even named it as i don't want it to count in it's progress around the world, that's how bad i am

1 comment:

Richard Schofield said...

People are dying. I know. I've seen it with my own eyes. The story has to be told. People are dying. And I'll tell you all about it at a big hyped multimedia affair in a few weeks.

I saw the link to this ages ago and nearly threw up. What a tosser.