Monday, 14 January 2008

what i had intended to say yesterday...




With the much appreciated help of Antrim and Mark, I think things are slowly starting to come together. So this post is just a bit of a catch up on my past week.
Along with many others, I was intrigued to see what would unfold during the American President's visit to Israel and Palestine - and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what did. Last spring I went visit several organisations working in and around the west bank area. One email I received commenting on the first press conference summed up their general feeling of this visit  "the only groundbreaking revelation I could register was the naiveté of President Bush, either real or a charade..." 
Later in the week my friend El Vez emailed me to tell me that Vampira  had died, which unleashed a whole web of confusion whereby I realized that I had inadvertently filed Elvira and Vampira in my brain as one in the same. An easy mistake to make, until of course you have to pass on the message to someone else. It all worked out in the end, and I learned that there was a third, Moona Lisa, so I feel that side of my education is now complete. (I only went into that meandering story as in the future I am hoping to do a project involving El Vez's election tour and so that was by way of introduction to him) 
The best other things of last week were my £1 book find... "Photography Made Simple" by Derek Bowskill (I am really new to actually controlling the pictures I take, and despite being over 30 years old, this book is really great - it explains everything!) AND FINALLY the latest group email from JR with some of his photos from LiBERiA. (that's how he types). You can see more plus his other stuff at http://JR-ART.NET When I get nervous and think what am I doing on this course, I look at his projects and I get excited again.
 

No comments: