
Maybe I should change the name of this blog to tuesday as this seems to be my natural catch up day. Thanks Antrim for the tip about that documentary, I will look out for it.
So, what since last week? I went to see The London College of Fashion's Photography MA show... my favourite pictures were by Pelle Crépin, I liked the way he played with light. There's only one image up on his site at the moment, but hopefully more will follow - and yes, I don't know where the fashion bit comes into it either!
Then there has been the first project. After a slow start, and a visit to a quarantine centre in Sussex where I didn't really get to see anyone working, but did meet two lovely dogs... I made a shaky start with a local tailor. Seems I had followed hot on the trail of another LCC student, which was a bit of a shame, but I remembered reading an interview in which Eugene Richards had said
"What you don't want to do is copy the work of others. And what you don't want to do is dismiss the situation because it has been photographed before. Because if something isn't new doesn't mean that it's not important"
So although I wouldn't say what I took was important, it was important for me to make a start on this project! I was using my new 50mm lens. I've learned I need space when using it... space tailors don't have!
No comments:
Post a Comment